From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-06 15:12:55

"Jesse Booher" <jbooher_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> Sorry if I offended you Mr. Little.

No offence felt... apologies for the curt comments.. its been a long
thread...way too long.

>Your unit library is a fine contribution to boost. I just pointed out the
> torque / work unit problem because it is a common area in which the proper
> units often get confused. At some point it would be a useful refinement
> an already useful library if it were to support cases like this in which
two
> different units reduce to the same fundamental units but which represent
> entirely different physical phenomena.

This is a complex and valid point. Rather than attempt to answer it here, I
hope that I will be able explain my approach to it in the documentation for
the type. All I will say is that I have been giving consideration to the
problem. and there are various solutions.

BTW Thanks for the generous comments, and thanks for sticking to physics !

regards
Andy Little