From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmutkaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-08 02:55:51

Hi all,

during my current performance analysis sessions (to speed up Wave) I've
stumbled over the fact, that the current iterator_adaptor implementation
takes it's constructor parameter by value (the base iterator). Is there any
reason, why this isn't a const reference (the base iterator parameter is
then used to initialise the iterator_adaptor m_iterator member anyway)?

Changing it this way would speed up things a bit, especially if the base
iterator is not pointer based. Ok, I hear you say, please change your
iterator implementation, but not always I have full control over this ...

Regards Hartmut