From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-09 06:51:59

"Phil Richards" <news_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 09:02:21 +0000, Andy Little wrote:
> > My lib won't do non-integer powers.( ie no rational fraction, real), My
> > workaround is when you get to that situation use a double. Sorry I cant
> > be more help. Alternative is a class with runtime float params.
>
> You can't use double as a template parameter, which is where the
> powers are held. That is why compile-time rational parameters tend to
> be the "next step" for dimensional analysis libraries :-)

Yes you could probably get most things done with rationals.
OTOH I can now get most(all) done with integer powers.
Frankly I have got the message long ago that my class
 is not good enough for boost and never will be.
There is always some thing that can be found that it doesnt do.
As Paul Bristow pointed out any review of my lib is a foregone conclusion
AFAIK.

basically I accept the point... but the next... next step is ?

regards
Andy Little