From: Giovanni Bajo (giovannibajo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-09 13:58:17

Russell Hind wrote:

>> replace, more by when errors have shown. I have changed code such as
>>
>> #if defined(__BORLANDC__)

>> #if defined(__BORLANDC__) && (__BORLANDC__ < 0x600). This places I

Since you're at it, you could use BOOST_WORKAROUND.
As David noted, we need a stricitier system of macros. For instance, in my
opinion direct checking against __GNUC__, __BORLANDC__ and the such should
be forbidden since it's been proven to bring problems (compilers try to
pretend to not be themselves). We should rely on BOOST_MSVC, BOOST_GNUC, etc
everywhere, always use BOOST_WORKAROUND, and possibly BOOST_WORKAROUND_GCC
or similar macros.

--
Giovanni Bajo