From: Phil Richards (news_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-11 13:39:02

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 15:32:48 -0500, Deane Yang wrote:
> But it's getting really confusing whether this is the dimensions part or
> the units part (I am capable of arguing either side).

This was the point of my original post: you can have units library without
dimensional analysis, but it is practically useless for a lot of
applications - pretty much any application that requires combining
different units "correctly", in fact.

If you want a units library that does the "right thing" when you divide
energy by time, you need dimensional analysis support - as has been
posted elsewhere, all current example libraries do this.

phil

--
change name before "@" to "phil" for email