From: Daniel Frey (daniel.frey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-12 05:04:10

Hi,

I just had an idea and as I still don't have the time to work on a
unit-library myself, I'd like to share it with the authors of the
current libraries. I don't know if it's a stupid idea, but anyway:

Compile-time is an issue. What if the library can be put into a check-
and non-check-mode? During development, I'd use the check-mode to make
sure that my code is correct. For the release build, I would disable all
checking as this checking was already done in my debug builds.
Disableing checking would then not use MPL, all units/dimensions are
equal and whatever you do it gets accepted. This could possibly safe a
lot of instantiations, thus both memory and time during the compilation.
Don't know if it's worth the effort, but as I said, it's just an idea.

Regards, Daniel

PS: Matthias' example idealGasLaw() sent my constant library back to the
design phase (*sigh*). The main problem is the lack of typeof, even the
currently available extensions from GCC and the Intel-compiler
(__typeof__) only give me internal compiler errors :(

PPS: Matthias: Is there a recent version of your library available
somewhere or is the v2.2 in the files section the most current one?

--
Daniel Frey
aixigo AG - financial solutions & technology