From: Deane Yang (deane_yang_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-12 10:38:24

David Abrahams wrote:

> IIUC, most people do that with preprocessor switches that turn
> typedefs for common quantities like "meter" into simple doubles or
> floats. Generally the compiler can handle these much more
> efficiently than any class instance.

Ah, this is an interesting idea. I had considered doing this
to reduce execution time, but abandoned it when I discovered
that it didn't matter at all.

Now the suggestion is to do this to reduce the compilation
time. But, if you ask me, it's the debug build that I want
to speed up, not the release build. The latter could take all
night, as far as I'm concerned. But the debug build...