From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-13 10:37:40

Chris Smith <smitty_one_each_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I've been striving to understand bjam v1/v2 with respect to
> Boost.Regex and Boost.Python. bjam is clearly the Way Ahead, so I
> want to grasp it fully.
> The goal is to have a Boost.Python module that uses Boost.Regex.
> Is there an example Jamfile (either version) that builds a Python
> extension that incorporates Boost.Regex, preferably outside of the
> Boost tree?

   http://www.boost-consulting.com/boost/libs/python/doc/building.html#building_ext

describes how to build a module outside the Boost tree with the
current CVS. To link boost.regex into the module you can change
getting_started1 as follows:

  # Declare a Python extension called getting_started1
  extension getting_started1
  : # sources
    getting_started1.cpp

    <dll>@boost/libs/regex/build/boost_regex ### HERE ####

    # requirements and dependencies for Boost.Python extensions
    <template>@boost/libs/python/build/extension
    ;

HTH,

--