From: Eric Friedman (ebf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-13 19:37:49

Johannes Brunen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> today I downloaded RC_1_31_0 from cvs. The documentation of the
> following libraries weren't accessible without an internet
> connection: any, array, function, ref, signals, spirit and variant.
[snip]

[Addressing all but the Spirit docs, which Joel addressed separately...]

First off, BoostBook-generated HTML docs are not ever in the CVS, due to
the difficulty of coordinating revisions. Hopefully this will be
addressed by those working on BoostBook in the future.

Nonetheless there is a similar problem even with the packaged 1.31
pre-release prepared by Beman.

The problem is that the redirection files were added to
BOOST_ROOT/doc/html to make access to BoostBook-generated HTML easier
for developers working from the CVS. (MetaComm generates these docs
daily to reflect any updates to the source XML.) For the final pacakged
release, however, these files need to be removed.

Perhaps this responsibility should be added to the release manager's
checklist?

Eric

P.S. Though it was handled mostly correctly for the pre-release, it
looks like the overall job of generating BoostBook documentation is
missing from the list as well.