From: Jody Hagins (jody-boost-011304_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-13 23:30:27

I downloaded the tarball, and built the libraries. However, when I run
a very simple application linked with the debug libraries, I see SEGV
immediately, and I *know* nothing is wrong with the extremely simple
app. It runs fine when linked against the release libraries, but fails
when linked against the debug libraries.

So, I'd like to see exactly how the code was built, but the results from
the JAM build show only the rule, and not the exact commands. Is there
a way to get it to print the exact compilation commands that are
invoked?

Also, can someone point me to a document explaining the complex build
directory hierarchy, and if there is a script that will all all
libraries to live in the same directory, after they are built?

Thanks!!!

Here is the source code...

#include "boost/signal.hpp"
#include <iostream>
struct Hello
{
  void operator()(){ std::cout << "Hello" << std::endl; }
};

int main(int, char *[])
{
  boost::signal<void ()> sig;
  Hello hello;
  sig.connect(hello);
  sig();
  return 0;
}

and my environment:

shandalle:jody> cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Linux release 7.3 (Valhalla)
shandalle:jody> uname -a
Linux shandalle.atdesk.com 2.4.18-18.7.xsmp #1 SMP Wed Nov 13 19:01:42
EST 2002 i686 unknown
shandalle:jody> g++ --version
g++ (GCC) 3.2
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is
NO
PURPOSE.

Thanks!!!