From: Russell Hind (rhind_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-14 06:03:11

I have code that does this something similar to this:

boost::filesystem::path p("C:\\Documents and Settings",
boost::filesystem::native);
     p /= "russell";
     p /= "My Documents";

Under 1.30.2, this worked fine. Under 1.31.0.rc1, this fails with
exception saying that "My Documents" is invalid name. If I use the
filesystem::native again, then it works correctly.

boost::filesystem::path p("C:\\Documents and Settings",
boost::filesystem::native);
     p /= "russell";
     p /= boost::filesystem::path("My Documents",
boost::filesystem::native);

Is this intended with the 'improved checking for directory and file name
portability'. Are spaces nolonger allowed in portable path names? This
seems fairly limiting to me.

Thanks

Russell