From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-20 16:10:07

Robert Ramey wrote:

>The serialization library draft # 13 contains the file
>runtest.sh in directory BOOST_ROOT/libs/serialization/test

>The contents of this file are:

>if test $# -eq 0
>then
> echo "usage: $0 <toolset>"
>else
> echo "Running tests for $1"
> bjam --dump-test -sTOOLS=$1 >bjam.log 2>&1
> process_jam_log <bjam.log
> compiler_status c:/boost-dev/ compiler_status.html
>fi

>I have run this with my MKS Kornshell on my windows NT
>system. I believe it should run with little or no change on
>a unix shell.

>As written it presumes that your boost directory is named
>c:/boost-dev - obviously this is presumptuos. So I would
>recommend altering the script to:

so my bjam command line looks like:

bjam --dump-test -sTOOLS=vc7 >bjam.log 2>&1

when I use VC 7.0 or

bjam --dump-test -sTOOLS=gcc >bjam.log 2>&1

Tom Wenisch wrote:

>is it possible that something is broken in serialization13.zip? Is there
>a newer serialization release that I should try?

serialization 13 depends on the new iterators and spirit 1.6 (for xml archves)

Both of these have changed since 13 was submitted. When I uploaded it around
November 1, 2003 1.31 had already been anounced. I failed to foresee
that it would be significantly different than the CVS development tree at the time
and that it would take soooooo long to deliver.

At this moment, I have version 15 - 14 was passed around to certain hardy souls
who offered to test on other platforms and invest efforts review of code and
documentation. This version has been tested in with VC 7.0, gcc 3.2 in
both debug and release modes using 1.31 release candidate.. We are trying to run
it with VC 6.0 before we upload. ('Pavel Vozenilek') is doing this.

So - I believe you would wait a tiny little bit longer - maybe two days. In the
meantime. I believe (and hope) it will be worth the wait. In the meantime,
you might want to download and install the 1.31 release candidate. You will
need this in any case and it will also test the boost-build/bjam/etc setup
that testing of the serialization system uses.

Thanks for your interest.

Robert Ramey