From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-21 10:35:52

Looks like BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT does not work across library boundaries, or I
misunderstand how it should work.

My understanding was that as you declare derived class, you also invoke
BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT on it, and now you can save pointers to that class
everywhere.

But this does not work in my tests. Unless I use BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT in the
code which does actual saving, I get:

/space/NM/boost-serialization/boost/serialization/oserializer.hpp:297: static
void boost::serialization::detail::save_pointer_type<Archive,
TPtr>::polymorphic<T>::save(Archive&, const T&, const
boost::serialization::basic_oserializer*) [with T = B, Archive =
boost::archive::text_oarchive, TPtr = B*]: Assertion `__null != vp' failed.

Test case attached. Am I doing something wrong?

- Volodya