From: Bronek Kozicki (brok_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-22 08:53:38

Peter Dimov <pdimov_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> The main (and probably only) selling point of scoped_*, move_* and
> auto_* is that they have no size overhead, i.e. sizeof(scoped_*<T>)

The second strong difference is copy semantics. You may pass *ptr object
by value without copying whole allocated memory to new object. In fact,
we have 3 different copy semantics for arrays:
* deep copy (std::vector)
* shallow copy (boost::shared_array)
* move instead of copy (subject of current discussion)

There is also difference on how memory is being released:
* implementation defined (std::vector)
* full deleter support (boost::shared_array)
* limited deleter or no deleter at all (subject of current discussion)

B.