From: Phil Richards (news_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-22 11:36:39

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 18:44:32 +0000, I wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:19:44 -0600, Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote: [with respect
> to my performance problems using the MPL]
>> Sounds like something is wrong. Let's figure it out.
[example program and results stripped]

I've had a poke around with the example program and looked at the
implementation of fold. Each of the fold statements in the example
adds about 0.5 seconds. Very roughly,
0.1 seconds can be allocated to zip_view<vector2<V1, V2> >
and the same (actually a little over 0.1 seconds) to
  begin<Sequence>::type
  end<Sequence>::type
in the implementation of fold (parameters to aux::fold_impl).

I'm going to try a non-general re-implementation of fold, and see what
happens, but, it won't be pretty even if it is more efficient. And, of
course, it won't be general.

phil

--
change name before "@" to "phil" for email