From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-22 13:55:11

Hi Grafik,

Thanks for the explanation.

On Jan 22, 2004, at 6:25 AM, grafik.list_at_[hidden] wrote:
> --- Jeremy Siek wrote:
>>
>> So there's this darwin-tools.jam file. I was under the impression that
>> in our
>> jam lingo, a "tool" was a compiler (not an OS). It seems that the
>> stuff
>> in
>> darwin-tools.jam really belongs in gcc-tools.jam.
>
> Ahh, yes to #1, no to #2.
>
> The darwin-tools.jam targets the Apple modified GCC that they
> distribute by
> various names, currently XTools. That variant has additional options
> and
> different functionality.

Then the file is poorly named. It should be gcc-darwin-tools.jam.

> It is possible to use a bare GCC in MacOSX for which you would use the
> regular gcc-tools.

And will -Wno-long-double be accepted by this version GCC?

Cheers,
Jeremy

Jeremy Siek http://php.indiana.edu/~jsiek/
  Ph.D. Student, Indiana Univ. B'ton email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
  C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org) office phone: (812) 856-1820