From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-22 20:03:14

At 09:59 AM 1/22/2004, David Abrahams wrote:

>http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=2352&group_id=1:
>
>( 2004-01-22 06:31:32 - Project CVS Service ) On Thursday, January
>22, 2004 developer CVS services will be down for approximately 7.5
>hours for some additional upgrades starting at 00:01.

Here is the latest status update:

( 2004-01-22 16:57:31 - Project CVS Service ) The SourceForge.net team is
working to resolve outstanding problems from the hardware cutover of the
developer CVS server. A number of project repositories are not yet present
on the new developer CVS server or currently contain outdated data. This
may result in messages about files or file versions in your working copy
not being present in the repository. We have initiated a contingency plan
to resynchronize missing/outdated data; we expect this sync to run through
the day Friday and complete during the weekend. We regret the inconvenience
this may cause you and your project team. At this time, we are accepting
Support Request reports of outdated repositories and are syncing reported
issue repositories by hand as to provide faster turnaround. During the time
frame of this large resync, performance of developer CVS will be degraded.
Due to the increased system load of the resync period, end of file (EOF)
errors and SSH ssh_exchange_identification errors upon connect may be
encountered; retrying your operation should work. Additional status updates
will be posted as this matter is resolved. Your patience is appreciated.

>I think anonymous CVS probably still works.

I hope so!

--Beman