From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-26 11:28:44

At 10:33 AM 1/26/2004, David Abrahams wrote:

>John Torjo <john.lists_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> How about having the email' addresses of all the review managers on
>> the formal_review_process.html page? (and update this page as review
>> managers are added or deleted)
>>
>> The one making a review request will have to write an email to all of
>> the managers, and see which one is available. I don't think there
>> would be a problem if for a review request we would have multiple
>> review managers.

Because the review manager's list is keep ordered as queue, all would not
have to be bothered. Just the one at the top of the queue.

>I think we should:
>
> a. Make being a review manager or a moderator or a wizard one of the
> conditions of having a library in boost

Yes, that would be helpful for sure:-)

> b. Use a regular rotating schedule for review managers. If you're
> not going to be available when your time comes up, it should be
> your responsibility to find someone to swap with.

The Review Wizard already maintains a queue of review managers, so it would
just be a matter of putting it in CVS and keeping it current.

These suggestions might markedly lessen the reliance on the Review Wizard,
and that would be a good thing, IMO.

--Beman