From: Michael Glassford (glassfordm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-26 13:50:41

Sean Kelly wrote:
> Okay, I did some digging on usenet (I don't have an ACM sub and was unable
> to read the paper that was referenced) and it seems that the Windows event
> implementation may indeed be a tad broken.

Do you have any links that you found particularly informative about this?

>This is something I've never
> encountered because I've never required complex use of the event objects
> before, but that isn't an assertion I'd like to stand by when delivering
> library code. There's definately a chance the existing convar
> implementation could be optimized under Windows,

I expect this is true (it usually is). If you can come up with specific
suggestions (especially code), I'm sure they would be appreciated
because,...

> but I'm coming to accept
> that the overhead might be necessary. I only care about efficiency if
> proper program behavior is already assumed :)

...given proper program behavior, everyone likes efficiency--especially
C++ programmers, it seems.

Mike