From: Russell Hind (rhind_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-28 06:22:58

Using 1.31-RC1, I have successfully made use of some of boost with
Borland's bccx compiler. (I think John Maddock has done the work for
this, so thanks).

But I can't use the bind from Lambda with the new compiler with
functions that return void. e.g. this won't compile (error is
"lambda_functors.hpp": a void function may not return a value at line 159)

#include <boost/function.hpp>
#include <boost/lambda/lambda.hpp>
#include <boost/lambda/bind.hpp>

using namespace boost::lambda;

void test(int a, int b)
{
}

int main(int argc, char * argv[])
{
boost::function<void (int a, int b)> f(bind(test, 10, _1));
     return 0;
}

Has anyone any ideas if the config for bccx needs updating, or is this
just a bug in the compiler and so we'll have to wait for an update to it?

Thanks

Russell