From: Roland (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-29 03:50:59

(John Torjo <john.lists_at_[hidden]>) wrote:

> Reece Dunn wrote:
> > ... platform combinations - something bjam already handles, so why duplicate
> > this effort?

> This way, the regular user will get to build the needed source files without any
> pain.

Well, building with bjam also is without any pain at all. But I must admit that this
was not so until I discovered the --install option switch, which is not all too
well documented. (Just go to the boost-root directory and type bjam --help).

Then, at least when using windows, and once the auto_link.hpp is beeing
complete, using boost is only a matter of just including the header
files. No need to fiddle around with compiler switches and the like!

BTW.: auto_link.hpp is great!

Roland