From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-30 15:11:40

Hi,

I know we've discussed this in the past, but did we ever settle on an
interface for deducing the return and parameter types of function
(object)s? Doug G.'s result_of<F(a,b)> template works for return
types, but it's not very portable and is not even in Boost proper
AFAIK. Many function objects and all function pointers have specific
(non-templated) parameter types, and it would be extremely valuable
to be able to deduce those as well.

It's hard to believe that with all the functional programming
libraries we have, there's no standardized facility for this sort of
deduction.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting