From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-01 10:05:25

At 07:53 AM 2/1/2004, Baptiste Lepilleur wrote:

> ... regression tests for Sun CC 5.5 patch 4 and AIX Visual Age 6

Note that we already test on those platforms, although it looks like you
are using a newer version of the Sun compiler. See
http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/

> ... many issues regarding on Sun CC 5.5 patch 4 and AIX Visual Age 6.

I'm not sure if Boost developers want to expend much effort on those
platforms. Perhaps after Boost 1.31.0 ships you can suggest some patches.
Most Boost developers don't have access to those platforms, so they are
unlikely to be able to develop patches themselves.

Also, Sun is supposed to be working on a new version of their compiler that
will be much more standards conforming, and do much better with Boost
code. I have no idea when it might ship.

Thanks,

--Beman