From: Douglas Paul Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-01 21:06:48

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004, Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:
> --- Douglas Paul Gregor <gregod_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > I believe we should not commit any GCC 3.4-specific workarounds until
> > after GCC 3.4 is finalized.
>
> That's too late for the Boost 1.31.0 release. I never suggested committing the
> changes to the HEAD, just to the release branch. I don't see what harm they
> could do there. On the other hand I am very anxious to see the next Boost
> release work in as many environments as possible.
> Ralf

This is the type of thing that delays Boost releases. It looks like an
innocuous change, but who knows? Maybe it triggers an annoying
preprocessor bug in one compiler somewhere, and it takes us 2 days to find
out, back out the changes, and get another clean run of the regression
tests. Beman wants only critical bug fixes on the release branch, and I
don't see how we can justify a workaround for an unreleased compiler as a
critical bug fix.

        Doug