From: Bronek Kozicki (brok_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-03 16:28:00

Victor A. Wagner, Jr. <vawjr_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I note that another test from a colleague (boost threads) won't
> compile if /Za is turned on.

I think that's because boost threads are using Windows API.
Unfortunatelly <windows.h> (and other Platform SDK headers) cannot be
compiled without language extensions. Besides obvious stuff, like
__dllimport , there are other problems like anonymous structures etc.
So, currently you simply cannot use /Za switch with some libraries :(
However, I'd recommend using /Zc:wchar_t and /Zc:forScope switches
instead of /Za everywhere - that will not cause troubles, if used
consistently.

B.