From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-03 16:46:47

Victor A. Wagner, Jr. wrote:
> It may be operator error here also... see my other message
> but
> NO documentation anywhere suggests that enforcing standard C++ using
> MSVC will affect one's ability to use any of the boost libraries.
>
> I've found that using the /Za option breaks a lot of things for using
> boost. I believe we've gone a bit overboard in our requirements for
> MSVC
> for example, all of my date_time stuff works JUST fine....even using
> /Za
> if I simply add a line to auto_link.hpp which will accept _MSC_VER
> >= 1310
>
> I note that another test from a colleague (boost threads) won't
> compile if /Za is turned on.
> the visualc.hpp file in config turns off the Win32API if extensions
> aren't enabled.
> Say what?? what do the language extensions have to do with libraries
> being called?

I haven't tested it so I can't be sure but I believe that if /Za is turned
on, you can't include any windows.h without many errors occurring. I believe
the windows.h header file has always failed when one is in C++ standard mode
( /Za ). There has been talk by MS of changing it to be C++ standard
compliant but I don't think that has been done in VC7.1.