From: Kevin Wheatley (hxpro_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-04 09:03:53

John Maddock wrote:
> The problem is that with /Za you can't compile <windows.h> (or at least not
> last time I checked), there is also an assumption that libraries are
> compiled with the same options as your code, I appreciate that in some
> limited cases that isn't always a requirement, but it usually is....

Yesterday, I was looking through the 1.30.2 distribution in order to
find out what the options were that bjam selected for the vc7.1 build,
I found it a bit of a pain, perhaps it would be useful to make this a
FAQ along with a note about ensuring you have selected the right
compiler from the command line before bjam'ing (by running
vcvars32.bat).

Searching the web site didn't give many answers only hints, and I knew
what was needed to fix the problem I had - the errors are not always
that useful from the compiler :-)

Perhaps there is some magic bjam invocation needed to output the
CFLAGS so that the FAQ doesn't get out of sync with the version of
boost.

Kevin

--
| Kevin Wheatley                   | These are the opinions of |
| Senior Do-er of Technical Things | nobody and are not shared |