From: SourceForge.net (noreply_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-05 23:30:04

Bugs item #891544, was opened at 2004-02-05 23:30
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=107586&aid=891544&group_id=7586

Category: regex
Group: None

Initial Comment:
trying out the new boost_1_31_0 and i'm having
problems using the updated regex library as a
precompiled header.

i was using 1.30.2 and had no troubles, though it seems
more like a compiler problem (MSVC++ 6.0 SP5), so i
don't know what can be done about it.

...\boost\regex\v4\perl_matcher_common.hpp(660) :
fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR
        (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 1794)
         Please choose the Technical Support command on
the Visual C++
         Help menu, or open the Technical Support help
file for more information

to recreate in a tiny project, all i did was (within the
msvc gui) File|New|Projects select win32 console app.

Selected "A simple application" when asked what kind of
console app i wanted to create.

Opened stdafx.h and added the line:
#include <boost\regex.hpp>
right after the generated TODO: line

Build|Rebuild All

I'd be curious if the .Net compiler had the same problem,
but I assume it doesn't. I can say that if I pull the
regex.hpp out of stdafx.h and put it into each .h or .cpp
file that references boost::regex, I get a clean compile.
However, I have dozens of tiny projects that would
require this change.