From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-08 06:50:15

Maybe I missed something in my quick glance....

I just downloaded Boost 1.31.0, and took random looks/comparisons at some of
the files. The test files for BOOST_STATIC_ASSERT have something like:

BOOST_STATIC_ASSERT( sizeof(int) == sizeof(char) ) // should fail

Whoever wrote this should know that platforms that have EVERY built-in type
be the same size are allowed! The only guarantee for size differences would
be to use "T" v. "T[L]" or "T[N]" v. "T[M]", where N and M are different
compile-time constants and L cannot be 1.

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie