From: scott (scottw_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-08 18:37:16

<snip>

> > Why?
>
> Because we don't have the luxury of an extra compilation stage like
> Corba does. There's no way to stop unwinding with catch(...), store
> whatever arbitrary exception object was thrown, and then
> rethrow it later.

I'm guessing this is a reference to IDL compilation?

I see that generally Boost does not make use of code generators (i.e.
something that fits into a build procedure like "yacc"). It does
(brilliantly)
use "code generation" from MPL lists but that's something else. I'm
sure everyone understands this already but just had to show that
I did also :-)

Out of curiosity; is this a Boost policy? I vaguely thought I had
read some Boost library requirements along these lines but now cant
find them.

Help?

<snip>