From: Darren Cook (darren_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-09 18:31:16

> Would there be some interest in an Aspect Oriented Programming library
> amongst Boost users? I have done some preliminary work on creating macros
> for crosscutting concerns into existing classes at
> http://www.heron-language.com/aspect-cpp.html and I am wondering if I should
> continue work on it. Thanks in advance!

It looks interesting - I keep wanting to using aspects.

It would be good if you could expand the below two points in the document
(or provide links to discussion on them):

"This is a double edged sword though, too much expressiveness in the
point-cuts can lead to surprising behaviour." [what behaviour?]

"Exposure of context has been explicitly dropped, because it violates the
obliviousness principle." [what is "exposure of context" used for? What is
"obliviousness principle"?]

Darren