From: Alexander Terekhov (terekhov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-10 13:28:12

"Powell, Gary" wrote:
[...]
> #1 I'd prefer that any software I contribute to boost remain "free",
> as in I don't want someone to add 20 lines of code to a library and
> then sell it. You can sell the compiled machine code but not the
> original or the modified source other than to cover duplication and
> distribution costs.

Boost licensing policy aside for a moment, the CPL is your friend.

Briefly,

 - derivative works subject to CPL;

 - grant of patent license;

 - redistribution of binaries under a different license,
   even a commercial license, is permitted (but the CPL'd
   source code must still be made available under the CPL);

 - CPL'd code may be combined with other licensed code
   without affecting the other code's license.

http://www.eclipse.org/legal/legalfaq.html

http://crynwr.com/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?3:mss:7473
http://crynwr.com/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?3:mss:7477

regards,