From: Geoff Leyland (gley001_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-10 15:58:36

On 11/02/2004, at 3:26 AM, Boost wrote:

> | I could print out the problem and exit or assert, but sometimes I'm
> | running hundreds of tests over a few days, and I don't want the damn
> | thing to stop completely in the middle of the night because I've made
> | mistake configuring one of the tests.
>
>> From what you say, using Boost Test is most definitely what you need.
>
> It does exactly what you want - though it does take some setting up,
> which you will balk at.

Sorry, read "simulations" (in as in simulating a physical system)
rather than "tests" - there could be some confusion there. Although I
don't claim to be an expert in Boost.Test, I haven't balked at the
setting up it takes in the cases where I (perhaps unimaginatively)
thought it fitted.

Are you suggesting I should have a longer look at
program_execution_monitor? Does have a way of saving up the errors
that occur (and stop individual simulations) during a run and then
print me all the details (with test names) at the end (will it mail
them to me as they happen? That'd be great.)

cheers
Geoff