From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-10 20:11:03

> ....ping pong shouting match omitted....

Sorry to see this thread has degenerated. Since I'm at least partially
responsible for starting this mess, maybe I can help slow it down by getting
back to the facts:
1) Clearly propagating an exception isn't always the correct model. In my
experience I've written a few server apps and most of the time the threads
contain their own exceptions and that makes perfect sense.
2) I believe exception propagation can be a useful model at times, as do
apparently a few others. Evidence aside from my experience is other libraries
that offer/use this capability.
3) So, it would be nice if this could be worked into the design of
boost::threads. But as I believe I said earlier I hardly believe it is the
most important capability that should be added to Boost threads.

Seems to me we can put it on the nice to prototype if someone has time and
move on...

Jeff