From: Richard Peters (r.a.peters_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-11 04:26:09

Hello Ron,

Thanks for updating the license.
My library differs in that it uses expression templates to avoid making
temporary variables, and to translate expressions like power(a, b) % c into
power_mod(a, b, c), which means a great speedup in those kind of expressions
without having to use artificial functions like power_mod.
Whether actually using expression templates in a boost big integer library
will be worthwile (the code will not compile on older compilers), will be a
point of discussion, but my goal when writing this library was to show that
some candidate for a boost big integer library should not specify things
like return types for operators to allow implementations with expression
templates.
The code is almost ready, but it needs some serious testing. The
documentation still has to be written, but hopefully it's in such a state
that I dare posting it to this list in a few weeks.

Best regards,

Richard Peters