From: Brock Peabody (brock.peabody_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-11 09:18:01

I'm not concerned about efficiency so much as ease of use. How do you
register an exception class? Does it have to be derived from a base class
in the library?

> Generally if you have a bunch of interacting libraries it makes sense
> for each one to be able to register its exception
> serializers/deserializers/translators or whatever. Why should the
> thread invoker have to enumerate the possibilities each time?

The invoker could store often used lists in typedefs. They could easily add
or remove exceptions from these. I agree that it could be messy and hard on
the compiler for larger lists. Personally I've never been interested in
more than one or two types of exceptions at a time though.