From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-11 14:07:46

Hi Dave,

On Feb 11, 2004, at 11:16 AM, David Abrahams wrote:
>> P.S. I fixed it in CVS head, that is. Should the fix
>> be merged to RC_1_31_0?
>
> Absolutely, and ASAP, thanks!

Ok.

> Can you say anything about the origin of the bug, like when was it
> introduced, and how come it didn't trigger any alarms in the
> regression testing?

My best guess is that it was triggered by the fix of a performance
bug in remove_edge.

As for triggering alarms... do we have alarms that get triggered
automatically?
Or do you mean, why didn't someone notice that the regression for
Boost.Python on VC6 started failing? Well, perhaps we should ask
whose responsibility it is to watch the Boost.Python regression logs
for VC6.

Cheers,
Jeremy

Jeremy Siek <jsiek_at_[hidden]>
http://www.osl.iu.edu/~jsiek
Ph.D. Student, Indiana University Bloomington
C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org)
Office phone: (812) 856-1820