From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-11 17:20:36

At 11:16 AM 2/11/2004, David Abrahams wrote:

>> If fixes aren't forthcoming for libraries that many other Boost
>> libraries depend on, it delays testing on the other libraries.
>
>Was that really a factor in this last release? Which libraries were
>delayed, and which fixes weren't forthcoming?

Iterator adaptors and type traits hurt a lot when they break. Sometimes it
takes awhile to figure out exactly what the problem is, too. For example, a
change around January 16 caused VC++6.0 to ICE on several libraries. It
didn't get fixed until the 26th, because it took time to realize where the
fault lay. IIRC, it got fixed the same day once we had figured out what
change actually triggered the failure. Earlier in the release cycle, it
took a while to get the auto link stuff working on all compilers. The
release manager can only focus on so many things at once.

--Beman