From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-12 05:21:00

Beman Dawes wrote:
> If our testing
> was more focused, we could cycle the tests more often too.

Of course, there are more ways to support testing at
a higher frequency:

1. Having fewer failing tests. This is obvious but
    also quite relevant. The number of tests failing
    isn't small. It would help a lot if those would
    be fixed.

2. Not compiling/running tests which are expected to
    fail. We have a mechanism to mark toolsets unsupported
    for certain libraries. However, this markup is applied
    _after_ trying to compile/run the tests. If the
    build system wouldn't even try to run the tests for
    unsupported toolsets then this would also speed up
    a test cycle.

I'd prefer to have the tests fixed over splitting the
tests into two or more subsets being run at different
occasions.

Regards,