From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-12 23:16:38

David Abrahams writes:
> Martin Wille <mw8329_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> Hartmut Kaiser wrote:
>>
>>> What about generating an email to the maintainers of the
>>> corresponding library, which makes sure they will know about a
>>> failed test ... :-)
>>
>> I often had failures due to problems with my local
>> setup.

Same here.

>> Emails about failed tests should not be sent
>> without being checked by a human before. (Which main-
>> tainer would want to be notified about my disk-full
>> errors?)
>
> You ;-)
>
> Seriously, I'm sure there's a way to deal with this sort of thing,

Probably, but it needs to be figured out, since in our experience
misconfiguration/setup issues arise often enough to significantly
impact "worthiness" of automatic notifications.

Hmm, may be the first step of figuring it out would be to collect and
classify such cases. "Disk full" is definitely the first one to be
registered (we had it here as well).

> becausqe the BuildBot is being used successfully by several projects.

That doesn't necessarily mean that they solved the issue, though.
FWIW, it's not mentioned in the paper.

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering