From: Jody Hagins (jody-boost-011304_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-13 01:23:01

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 23:36:59 -0500
Douglas Gregor <gregod_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> From the programmer's perspective, it is an alternative model: you
> don't need to show them the threads underneath, you just need to show
> them the high-level interface.

Check out the doxygen documentation page for ACE_Task
(http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/Doxygen/Beta/html/ace/a01703.html), which
provides the ability to encapsulate the behaviour inside a class (for
added benefit the task can run in the main thread, or it can run in a
separated thread just as easily), and provides a message queue
(appropriately locked for separate threads) for communication. I use it
quite a bit, and it is quite flexible...