From: Carl Daniel (cpdaniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-14 01:09:10

Joe Gottman wrote:
> I just upgraded to boost 1.31. I use filesystem with MSVC 6.0,
> but I don't use the jamfiles to create my .dsp and .dsw files. I
> just created simple projects myself. It worked previously, but now
> when I try to include the filesystem.dll file, I get the error
>
> LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
> "libboost_filesystem-vc6-mt-gd-1_31.lib"
>
> Do you have any suggestions?

This is a guess but...

You're likely running afoul of the autolink feature that puts a #pragma
comment(llinker,...) into your code referencing
"libboost_filesystem-vc6-mt-gd-1_31.lib". I'm guessing that that's not what
your .dsp file called the filesystem dll.

Just add /nodefaultlib:libboost_filesystem-vc6-mt-gd-1_31.lib to your linker
settings and you should be fine (assuming you did correctly add the export
library from the DLL you built to the link).

-cd