From: Jim Apple (japple_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-16 21:31:52

Here's a laundry list of complaints. After having read the
documentation, I think FC++ is a great idea, but I don't think it's
boost-compatible yet.

This library is difficult to review because it is so large. Perhaps it
could be split into
1. Functoids, including currying and thunks
2. Lists
3. Lambda
4. Monads

I realize there is some overlap, but it could help with making
everything more understandable. For instance,, presently, boost::lambda
objects can be converted to boost::function objects. These could be one
library, but I think they're quite nice as is.

In particular, I'm having trouble understanding why we need 1&3. There's
an example in section 14, but I'm not convinced we need a whole new
library to do this. What is the present boost soltuoin to the quandry?
Does anyone have a pointer to the old fc++ discussions on boost-devel,
since gmane still seems to have no older archives?

I'm concerned about documentation that says "Look at the Haskell Report."

If monads are not going to be documented, they shouldn't be part of the
release, unless they're useful in implementing parts that are released.

Could the functoids with arity attached to their names have that
removed, like boost::function?

Could list be renamed to something that doesn't clash with a std:: name?

Jim