From: Jeff Flinn (TriumphSprint2000_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-17 09:14:22

Robert,

Knowing next to nothing about xml, I'm surprised by xml archive file that
I've generated which expresses std::string as in the following example:

<item>
    <count>3</count>
    <item>65</item>
    <item>108</item>
    <item>108</item>
</item>

which corresponds to std::string("All")

Is this intended? Is this representation configurable? The demo_file.xml
does not use this representation, rather it generates strings in the form:

    <street1>24th Street</street1>

Needless to say the former representation is not very space efficient. For a
text archive of 1.2MB I get an xml archive 21.5MB.

I am unable to compile(VC7.1) the demo_xml_save project with the following
error:

Compiling...
demo_xml_save.cpp
c:\boost\boost_1_31_0\libs\serialization\example\demo_xml_save.cpp(20) :
fatal error C1055: compiler limit : out of keys

Thanks, Jeff