From: Jody Hagins (jody-boost-011304_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-18 09:13:36

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 15:01:54 +0100
Stefan Slapeta <stefan_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> What I want to say: PLEASE enable the use of the static runtime in
> boost.thread for users who don't need any other functionality than the
>
> 'pure' thread library, again!

The change went a bit further, as I mentioned previously, in that even
on linux machines the builds do not create static libs. I think it
reasonable that the libs can be built both static and dynamic, like
everything else, but the documentation can state that the static libs
(on win32) should only be used for certain circumstances. Unless I am
missing something, if they are conditionally compiled, then the link
will fail to find the proper symbols anyway.

--
Jody Hagins
"If you are beginning to doubt what I am saying, you are