From: Roland (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-19 02:32:58

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 15:33:25 -0800 Randy Bowen <rbowen_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> [...]

I suspect this would not work with the current release, or you accepted,
that this project consists also of a DLL. Altough one with a custom name
of course.

I repeat, that I have also looked into this issue, and came up
with a solution that creates a "DLL on the fly".
I already sent some sketchy code to Michael Glassford for discussion,
and I am also planning to submit an addition to boost thread for
discussion to the list. (But first I have to learn bjam a little better before ;-)

This DLL is essential for detection of ending threads. You cannot
do this with a static lib! (This has been already extensively discussed.)

The necessity of the DLL arose together with the thread local storage
stuff.

Roland