From: Roland (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-19 02:47:56

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 07:04:07 -0500 Michael Glassford <glassfordm_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> For what it's worth, I'm hoping to investigate what it would take to
> make Boost.Thread support a static library option again in the future.
> If such a thing ever happened (no promises), it would have to be a
> version in which features that require the dll are disabled.

Mike, this is a rather conservative estimate I think. As I already
have tried to show you that this can be done without any
omission of features at all. Altough at the price of the application
creating a (hidden, temporary) file on the target machine.
I am currently trying to create a local modification of the
threading library with static linkage, that has full function.

I think I should send this to the list for discussion then.
(BTW, the DLL version can be left totally unaltered.)

Roland