From: Thorsten Ottosen (nesotto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-19 03:37:38

"Pavol Droba" <droba_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
[ambiguity not an issue]
> Please give me an example of an algorithm, that can be threated
differently
> for strings and for containers. If there would be something like that (I
don't
> see any), than is would make sense to use different names, rather then
just
> different namespace. Otherwise, a user can get quite confused.

The problem arise if there is, let's say, four versions of a particular
algorithm.
Two works on iterators and two works on containers and there might be other
arguments too. It certainly clashes in
the container algos so that we can't have unqualified calls but must use
boost::XX and std::XX.

br

Thorsten