From: Paul A Bristow (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-19 10:55:08

Definitely, and also one can (and often should) write

using boost::algorithm::string::trim; // etc
using boost::filesystem::iterator; // Perhaps locally, if a more
'global' declaration might cause ambiguity problems.

So I strongly oppose the use of abbreviated names.

One of Boost's strengths is the refusal to use incomprehensible
abbreviations. (Spare a thought too for what may be the majority of
users - those whose first language is not english. Abbreviations won't
appear in the dictionary.)

Paul

Paul A Bristow
+44 1539 561830 +44 7714 330204