From: David Bergman (davidb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-20 17:35:07

David A wrote:

> > Strange coming from a man who I guess spends a large portion of his
> > day in Unix land.
>
> Bad guess ;^)
>
> > Maybe I should start including the following lines in my
> .bash_profile:
> >
> > alias change_current_directory="cd"
> > alias list_directory="ls"
>
> Shell commands are generally written once and thrown away.
> Code needs to be read many more times than it's written.

Totally agree, that is why I prefer using fully qualified identifiers. That
combined with my laziness and not-wide-enough screen lead me to prefer short
namespace names. Short as in "few letters but still very clear as to
semantics." Like "fs", but maybe not like "mpl"... I will leave it at this,
since I am deviating from Boost right now.

/David